Monday 14 February 2022

New Straits Times, The Time is NOW, To Reclaim The Lost 1998 Generation in : I Bet My Life.

is the lead single from Imagine Dragon's second studio album which was released in 2015.  The single never made the Top 20,  but the sheer strength  of the song has seen it record double platinum sales over TIME.

New Straits Times,   the grand old lady of Malaysia  finally have a chance to redeem it self and reclaim the generation it lost in 1998,  being painted as the culprit by many and the victim by a few in the epochal clash between Malaysia's dynamic duo - Tun Mahathir  and his blue eyed boy Anwar Ibrahim.

As fate would have it,  New Straits Times 1998 lost generation of readers are also a generation in  drowning in  debt READ :  Indebted Generation. The Quandary of Student Debt in Malaysia

 


I know I took the path that you would never want for me
I know I let you down, didn't I?
So many sleepless nights where you were waiting up on me
Well I'm just a slave ....

The ball is now squarely on the New Straits  Times feet, especially so since it carried today a report which has asked the Government to put its mouth where It's money is READ : Fine tune PTPTN into an outcome based lender cum aggregator


If  the New Straits Times pushes the envelope a bit more further,   it will not only put an end to an unjust debt slavery  that fresh graduates face,  but it will also help shape a better Malaysia.

And the Grand Old Lady of the Malaysian news paper industry can for once and for all prove to the 1998 lost generation,  that when one compares the STAR at its very best,  against  New Straits Times at just its best,  The STAR will always come out second best .