Friday 2 July 2021

EPF. The Great Pretender.


was a song recorded some 66 years ago  by the Platters.  Over the years, the song  has been covered by legends in their own right among them Freddy Mercury and Dolly Parton.

You've left me to dream all alone
Too real is this feeling of make believe
Too real when I feel what my heart can't conceal
Ooh ooh yes I'm the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Just laughing and gay like a clown (ooh ooh)
I seem to be what I'm not (you see)
I'm wearing my heart like a crown

Formed in 1951,  the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) is one of the world's oldest provident funds and one of the biggest  player in the stock market.

Hence it came as a surprise to me,  that EPF  would make it known to the world that it was not pleased with Serba Dinamik's tiff with KPMG READ HERE  and then  repeat it again by telling  BLOOMBERG weeks latter it was not happy. 

All these statement at a time when Serba Dinamk shares had tanked by 80 per cent.

We have heard of people TANKING the shares to buy, but this is the first time I have come across a very experienced fund employing this strategy to sell.

From where did the good people of EPF learn this type of selling  strategy ?
Did we, the members of EPF get the best deal?  
And finally, since the EPF had employed  a very strange sell strategy,  can the good people at EPF now say if they have zero shares in  Serba Dinamik or or a few hundred million shares  that don't amount to five per cent of  Serba Dinamik?