Saturday 24 July 2021

Moshe Safdie. When will I be famous

was a hit way back in 1987 for the British group, Bros. Moshe Safdie, is the lead architect that designed, the Jewel Changi Airport, Singapore's very own airport city.

Qatar Airways chief Akbar Al Baker, caused a stir in 2019 when he said was plagiarized  from the Hamad International Airport (DOH) located south of Doha. READ ; Singapore and Moshe Safdie accused of plagiarizing Jewel Changi Airport

Singapore, I must say is smart enough 

not to spend too much time meeting unnecessary  to figure out how to build an Airport city. They were practical enough to make some changes here and there.

I am convinced that there were some Malaysian too who had worked  as part of the broader design theme. And all of them will be thinking :

When will I, will I be famous?
I can't answer, I can't answer that
When will I see my picture in the paper?
I can't answer, I can't answer that
When will I, will I be famous?

 Therefore, for the life of me , I cannot understand what are all those meeting involving the ministry of Finance and ministry of transport regarding Subang Airport is for.

If indeed WCT had submitted a proposal or for that matter any one else, there have not actually put a complex  nuclear like plan to do something no man has done before.

Can the ministers get off their lofty chairs and accept that what ever proposal on the table  is a mere extension  to the concept developed by John Kasarda in his 2012 book Aerotropolis: The Way We'll Live Next.

What they then need to do is to hire an architect  to design an Airport city for Subang.  While the architects are busy designing, the ministers can ponder what to do next.

Here are some suggestion. 

1. What will happen if we give it to a single non state linked company.  What If the company runs into trouble? Who will bail them out.? Rakyat Lagi kah

2. Since the ministers may be tired by now with all those thinking.  Then can then proceed to use Google to find out who runs  Jewel Changi Airport. Ministers, please go this site.Thank You

3. After finding out that the Jewel Changi Airport, is owned by Changi Airport Group CapitaLand Jewel Changi Airport Trustee Pte. Ltd..

4. Maybe at this point Wee Ka Siong and Tengku Zafrul might have an idea or two. Perhaps we should get one of our GLC in the construction sector to partner Malaysia Airport alongside a China government owned entity that has the ability to fund the project.

5. All three entities, can form a special purpose vehicle company in which Malaysia Airports hold a 51 per cent stake,  home bred GLC 19 pet cent and money bags China government owned company 31 per cent.

6. Latter, proceed to get the SPV to be listed on Bursa Malaysia,issue REITS, so that all thr Malaysians that are stranded at home due to the MCO, can punt on the shares on Bursa Malaysia.